- This event has passed.
Fall smART Club for Kids
October 6, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:30am on Saturday, repeating until November 10, 2018
October 6 to November 10 2018 @ 9:30 am – 12:00 pm, 6 weeks
Cost: One Child $90, additional siblings $75 each Space is limited – register early!
An exciting group of instructors will provide workshops including weaving, mixed media painting, nature, painting/collage, lantern making, mosaics and more. Have fun and be creative! New art projects and creative skills will be learnt as well as making art a truly enjoyable and fun part of life! Ages 7 to 12.
Check out the cool line up:
- October 6 – Vicki Bradley, wonderful weaving – Kids will learn the basics of weaving using a variety of yarn and textiles. Students can then create their own designs on handmade looms using these techniques. Projects can be taken home after class.
- October 13 – Andrea Pillar, Potent Hearts – mixed media, self figures on paper
- October 20 – Rebecca Lamb, inspired by nature
- October 27 – Indra Dosanjhi, mindful creativity/painting and collage
- November 3 – Krista Dalby: Kids will make their own paper and bamboo lanterns that they can bring to the Firelight Lantern Festival
- November 10 – Iris Casey, magical mosaics – Kids will learn how to create a “picture” using small pieces of tesserae. They will be introduced to various materials that can be used to create their picture.
On the first day please arrive a little early for registration and details! The doors will be open at 9:00 am. Please ensure your child wears old clothes. They should bring snacks and water bottles if needed.