- This event has passed.
Go Figure! with Elizabeth Hutchinson
September 23, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until September 23, 2018
Join us for 2 glorious days of figure painting (with three different models) this September 22/23 at the Baxter.
Elizabeth Hutchinson will lead a two-day workshop focusing on strategies for painting the figure. She will teach by painting demonstration(s) from the model(s) followed by work with individual artists.
Here are just a few of the topics we’ll zero in on:
- Anatomy: seeing and utilizing anatomical landmarks and construction useful to painters
- Form: Understanding mass and light/dark relationships
- Colour: Mixing colour useful for flesh
- Speed: How to get the figure down on the canvas quickly, with energy and life
- Sketching the head in oil: Elizabeth will demonstrate how to quickly and convincingly sketch a portrait head in either oil or acrylic.
All painters are most welcome to join this workshop. Maximum 14 people!
Cost for two days including model fee: $160.00
Elizabeth was given a full year’s entrance scholarship at OCAD and finished her studies there in Experimental Art. She holds a degree in fine art from the University of Guelph and earned another scholarship to study at New York Academy of Art where she graduated, cum laude with an MFA in painting.
She works full time as a painter and teaches painting workshops at the Baxter as well as the odd sketching workshop abroad. She finds working with other painters in her workshops to be both humbling and inspiring.