- This event has passed.
Qi Gong, T’ai Chi (Level 1), T’ai Chi (Level 2), Karate
November 4, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Monday, repeating until November 4, 2019
Join your teacher Richie from Radiant Health for an 8-week course in either Qi Gong, T’ai Chi (Level 1), T’ai Chi (Level 2) or Karate on Mondays during September, October and November. See below for a brief description of each course and the dates, times and cost of each.
1) Qi Gong: Qi Gong is a smooth blend of gentle breathing and movements, standing postures (or sitting postures, depending on capabilities) and stable flowing movements to simultaneously work and relax the body, to soothe what’s overworked and awaken what’s asleep. (And one of the positive side effects are calmer mind and emotions). Put more life in your years and more years in your life!
2) T’ai Chi (Levels 1 and 2): Inner Chi T’ai Chi Taoist Yoga (Chi Kung) is a low impact, low stress, balanced exercise and is perfect for any age. Your body will slowly and safely stretch and tone from head to toe improving muscular control, balance, coordination, strength, flexibility and circulation. T’ai Chi is a true mind and body exercise harmonizing thoughts feelings and actions with relaxation. It utilizes centering and meditation techniques with simple breathing and posture exercises to aid concentration and focus while reducing stress and tension. The immediate benefits are renewed peace of mind and a sense of well-being. T’ai Chi is a non religious method of self improvement to put more years in your life and more life in your years!
At Level 1 we learn:
- 4 Wu Chi Standing Postures
- Temple Exercises
- 6 Songs Qi Gong
- First part of the Yang Style Short Form
- And More
At Level 2 we learn:
- Deepening our understanding of Level 1
- Wu Chi Postures
- 5-8 minute Morning Activation
- 6 songs
- Second part of the Yang Style Short Form
3) Shaolin Kempo Karate Blends the grace of Shaolin Kung Fu with the speed of Kempo and the explosiveness of karate. Learn how to work together and give you confidence, strength, focus and so much more. Learn in a calm, safe environment and become your best you!
Dates: Mondays, September, October and November – 8 weeks
9, 16, 23, & 30 September; 7, 21 & 28 October; 4 November (does not include 14 October, Thanksgiving Day)
- a) Qi Gong: 6:00 – 6:30 pm;
- b) T’ai Chi (Level 2): 6:40 – 7:40 pm;
- c) T’ai Chi (Level 1): 7:45 – 8:45 pm; and,
- d) Shaolin Kempo Karate: 8:50 – 9:50 pm.
- a) Qi Gong: $15/person drop in per class;
- b) T’ai Chi (Level 2): $240 for the 8 week class;
- c) T’ai Chi (Level 1): $240 for the 8 week class; and,
- d) Shaolin Kempo Karate: $20/person drop in per class, 16 – 99 years old.
Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up for one of these classes.
Who is Richie? Since he was a toddler living on his grandfather’s farm in Guyana he has had a passion for Martial Arts. He moved to Canada when he was two years old but it wasn’t until he was 13 that his mom gave in and allowed him to sign up at a Karate school in Toronto. He trained hard and soon got to black belt rank. Richie is now a 6th Degree Blackbelt in the art of Shaolin Kempo Karate.
Once a year he goes to Florida where a high ranking blackbelt in his Karate style teaches various eastern techniques in meditation, exercises and disciplines to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the Arts. It was on these trips to Florida that Richie learned & became certified in InnerChi T’ai Chi Taoist Yoga.
On top of this Richie Studied university in Kinesiology & Psychology university. He spent 3 years as a physiotherapist assistant at a Toronto physiotherapy & rehab clinic. Richie is also a Reiki Master, Shiatsu Therapist and Personal Trainer. He has experience in teaching and helping all age groups, rehabilitation and abilities. All of this adds up to a highly knowledgeable, patient and fun teacher!
Richie recently moved to the County with his family so that his one year old son would grow up in a more peaceful environment. He is happy to share his knowledge and skills with you in this wonderful setting we call home. Join one of Richie’s classes and discover a happier, healthier you, and add more life to your years.